MORRISON'S COVE FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Loan Officer II/Senior Loan Officer
Report to CEO
Provide information on credit union products and services to members in accordance with credit union policies and procedures and State and Federal rules and regulations. Responsible for interviewing and evaluating applicants and processing Consumer and Home Equity loan applications. As a Sr. Loan Officer, you will be responsible for growing the loan portfolio in a prudent and strategic manner.
- Interview loan applicants to gather information to determine the best product that would benefit the member’s financial needs.
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Pull credit reports, calculate debt-to-income ratios and verify worth of collateral, if applicable in order to analyze the members current financial
- Determine eligibility of borrower, co-signer or co-maker based on credit union policy.
- Approve or deny loan applications in a timely manner.
- Complete loan documents with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Handles the responsibilities of a Loan Processor as needed.
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
- May be responsible for training of new loan officers. Will provide assistance or guidance to other loan officers and loan processors.
- Continuing education in relation to job function and keeping apprised of any Federal or State rules and regulation changes.
- Responsible for keeping up to date on lending policies, procedures in accordance with federal regulations and recommending policy changes and/or amendments to the Board of Directors. in order to better serve the members.
- Applicant must have at least 3 years of consumer/home equity lending experience in a financial institution.
- Education: High school diploma required. 2- or 4-years business degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of loan underwriting standards in reference to Consumer loans and Home Equity loans.
- Analytical ability to conduct an analysis of loan application quality accurately.
- Requires pleasant interpersonal and member service skills. Courteous interaction with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of regulations governing loan approvals not limited to but including (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy and Customer Identification policies.
- Knowledge of insurance products and services.
- Continuing education.
- Must be able to operate various office equipment, PC with related software programs and calculator.
- Physical qualifications require being able to sit at a computer and other office related equipment for extended periods of time and be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- NMLS (Preferred)
Please include resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com
Member Service Representative
Serves as Credit Union liaison responsible for performing the full range of member service functions.
- Perform routine member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers and check cashing.
- Provide routine information on Credit Union services and policies, including eligibility for membership, types of accounts, rates, and office hours.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Process mail and night deposits.
- Perform account maintenance.
- Provide members with account status, including current balances and payoffs.
- Deposit funds into CD and IRA accounts.
- Issue cashier checks and money orders.
- Process requests for stop payments and photocopies.
- Balance drawer and credit union at end of day.
- Provide members with the forms necessary to transact business at the Credit Union.
- Place orders for members’ checks in accordance with established procedures.
NOTE: the list of essential functions is not exhaustive. It may be supplemented as necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous clerical and administrative duties, including, but not limited to: filing, typing, date entry, etc.
- Assist with member mailings, promotions and special projects as necessary.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and seminars relating to areas of responsibility.
- Reconcile members’ checking accounts as necessary.
- Requires professional, well-developed interpersonal skills for communicating with members and co-workers.
- Requires knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures.
- Requires completion of high school education.
- Requires intermediate mathematical skills (calculations and concepts involving percentages, fractions, and decimals.)
- Requires at least one year work experience in cash handling, retail operations or customer service.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do accept unsolicited resumes and will keep them on file for one year.